This week Avanties and Zerotio take a look at the new Scholomance Event: The Forbidden Library, find out what is coming in the next couple of weeks. Also patch 18.2 drops this week, what can you expect and what is happening in Grandmasters week 4?
During the play portion of the show we check out an aggro demon hunter.
News and Discussion
- Grandmasters – Week 4
- Round Robin play for Groups A & B
- APAC Highlights: Surrender 2-0 (Div A), Che0nsu 0-2 (Div A), Alan870806 2-0 (Div B)
- EU Highlights: Bunnyhoppor and RDU 2-0 (Div A), Viper 0-2 (Div A)
- Americas Highlights: Muzzy 2-0 (Div A), Languagehacker and Bloodyface both winless (Div A)
- Scholomance Event: The Forbidden Library
- From Sept 8th – 29th
- Week 1: Sept 8th
- Battlegrounds Parties: 8 Player Friendly Lobbies
- New Scholomance Heroes: Lord Barov, Jandice Barov, Forest Warden Omu
- Mega Wild Bundle: 56 Packs from Recently Rotated Expansions
- Week 2: Sept 15th
- Book of Heroes Solo Content: Jaina (Earn a “Mage Pack”)
- Scholar Bundle: New Jaina Portrait + 5 “Mage Packs”
- Week 3: 23rd
- Heroic Brawliseum
- The Magic of Dalaran Card Back available for purchase
- Patch 18.2: Sept 8th
- Battlegrounds Parties
- Battlegrounds – New Heroes:
- Lord Barov: Friendly Wager  – Guess which player will win their next combat. If they win, get three Coins.
- Jaundice Barov: Swap, Lock & Shop It  – Swap a friendly non-golden minion with a random one in Bob’s Tavern.
- Forest Warden Omu: Everbloom [Passive] – After you upgrade Bob’s Tavern, gain 2 Gold this turn only.
- Battlegrounds – New Minions:
- Micro Mummy [Tier 1]
- Battlegrounds – Updated Minions:
- Pack Leader: Changed to “When you summon a Beast, give it [+2 Attack].”
- Removed Mecharoo from the minion pool.
- Constructed – Balance Changes:
- Secret Passage: Changed to “Replace your hand with 4 cards from your deck. Swap back next turn.”
- Cabal Acolyte: Changed from 2/6 to 2/4
- Totem Golem: Changed from 4/5 to 5/5, also changed from “Overload: (2)” to Overload: (1)”
- Archwitch Willow: Mana changed from  to , also changed from 7/7 to 5/5.
- Darkglare: Mana changed from  to , also changed from “After your hero takes damage, refresh 2 Mana Crystals.” to “After your hero takes damage, refresh a Mana Crystal.”
- Misc Bug Fixes:
- Newly created decks will appear at TOP, instead of BOTTOM.
- Correct Kingsbane and Secret Passage interactions
- Headmaster Kel’Thuzad fixed to include more “Death Situations” involving swapping health and poisonous being granted to spells.
- Summoning a cat will no longer allow Headmaster Kel’Thuzad’s Spellburst to trigger on the opponent’s turn. The Headmaster just gets really excited about cats…
- Tavern Brawl: UnidentifiaBrawl
- After a very successful dungeon run your bags are overflowing with Unidentified Loot! Take a random deck into battle and identify those items!
[Battlefiend] x 2
[Spirit Jailer] x 2
[Twin Slice] x 2
[Blade Dance] x 2
[Chaos Strike] x 2
[Manafeeder Panthara] x 2
[Soul Sheer] x 2
[Aldrachi Warblades] x 2
[Shardshatter Mystic] x 2
[Kayn Sunfury] x 1
[Lorekeeper Polkelt] x 1
[Magtheridon] x 1
[Marrowslicer] x 2
[Glaivebound Adept] x 2
[Soulshard Lapidary] x 2
[Skull of Gul’dan] x 2
[Soulciologist Malicia] x 1
If you would like to build this deck in Hearthstone you can copy the following string of code to your clipboard and then open My Collection and select New Deck, you will then be prompted if you wish to create the deck saved to your clipboard, just click yes.
If you have any questions about this deck or questions about Hearthstone in general you can email us at: HeroPowerPodcast@gmail.com or use the Contact Us form on this site and we will answer them on the next show.