This week Avanties and Zerotio break down the recent Team 5 Reddit AMA, and take a look at the 18.0.1 Hotfix. They also talk about the exciting first week of Grandmasters season 2 2020!
During the play portion of the show we play a fun Guardian Druid featuring Kael’Thas.
News and Discussion
- Hearthstone AMA – Summary
- Evaluating Basic & Classic Sets for Revamp
- Battle Pass will come around next Set Release. They do not intend to change the amount of Gold/Packs earned during an expansion cycle.
- No News
- Hero Balance “Very Soon”
- MMR and Seasonal Resets planned for next major update
- Team doesn’t see an issue with Token Damage, except for Nat Pagle and Pirate Ship, which they are looking into
- Looking at tuning down Murlocs and boosting Beasts
- No balance changes planned at this time
- Dual-Class Cards may come in future sets
- Reverting Nerfs/Future Buffs
- Reverted Nerfs planned at Rotation, for cards going to Wild
- Buffs used as a correction tool, no plans mentioned
- Celestalon stated Paladin Secrets are hard to design around, next set has a Paladin Secret that is his favorite card incoming
- Previously Released Hero Portrait and Card Backs will return for those that didn’t get them
- No Plans for another “Doom in the Tomb” type event (GOOD!)
- New type of Vanity card incoming, which will look different in Collection, Hand and Board.
- No plans to re-visit Year Longer Narrative ala Year of the Dragon, but open to it again someday
- 18.0.1 Hotfix (Live Now)
- Discovery Cards no longer Discover themselves
- Cards that generate a Random Card can no longer generate themselves
- Fixed Bug with Jandice “Death Summon” not dying if summoned from Khadgar
- Kel’thuzad was not summoning minions that died from returning to full hand, fixed.
- Update: Clarification – Shadow Visions can still Discover Shadow Visions, if a copy is in the deck.
- Grandmasters 2020 Season 2 – Week 1 (Swiss – Conquest Bo5 w/ 1 Ban)
- Group A: Che0nsu, Surrender, Flurry, Glory
- Group B: Posesi, Blitzchung, Tyler, Bankyugi
- Top 4: Che0nsu, Tyler, Bankyugi, Surrender
- Finals: Bankyugi def Che0nsu
- Group A: Jarla, Seiko, Swidz, BoarControl
- Group B: xBlyzes, RDU, Bunnyhoppor, Thijs
- Top 4: Jarla, xBlyzes, RDU, Seiko
- Finals: xBlyzes def RDU
- Group A: Justsaiyan, Fr0zen, Muzzy, Eddie
- Group B: Bloodyface, Firebat, Languagehacker, NoHandsGamer
- Top 4: Muzzy, Firebat, Languagehacker, Eddie
- Finals: Muzzy def Languagehacker
- Tavern Brawl: Who’s the Boss Now?
- Dungeon bosses want to help you play! Build your own deck but get a random boss power. Each time you use it, get a new one!
[Innervate] x 2
[Lightning Bloom] x 2
[Animated Broomstick] x 2
[Nature Studies] x 2
[Ironbark] x 2
[Bogbeam] x 2
[Speaker Gidra] x 1
[Wild Growth] x 1
[Overgrowth] x 2
[Lake Thresher] x 2
[Teacher’s Pet] x 2
[Twilight Runner] x 2
[Guardian Animals] x 2
[Kael’thas Sunstrider] x 1
[Overflow] x 2
[Ysera, Unleashed] x 1
[Survival of the Fittest] x 2
If you would like to build this deck in Hearthstone you can copy the following string of code to your clipboard and then open My Collection and select New Deck, you will then be prompted if you wish to create the deck saved to your clipboard, just click yes.
If you have any questions about this deck or questions about Hearthstone in general you can email us at: HeroPowerPodcast@gmail.com or use the Contact Us form on this site and we will answer them on the next show.