It was a slow news week in Hearthstone, but Avanties and Zerotio discuss the recent tweets from Dean ‘Iksar’ Ayala regarding some upcoming balance changes, as well as go off on a tangent about the current state of Hearthstone Esports.
During the play portion of the show we take a look at a control version of Galakrond Warrior.
News and Discussion
- Tweet from Dean Ayala about “Rank Distributions”
- Compares ranking trends from November 2019 with trends Reported in Playhearthstone Blog from 2014
- Higher percentage of players in Ranks 1-15
- Lower percentage of Players in Ranks 20 and below, as well as Legend Rank
- Discussion: What does this mean for the game of Hearthstone?
- Discussion: Does this change in rank trends mean more players are playing “casually”, instead of competitively?
- Recent Tweet from Dean Ayala (Last Night), regarding another balance change Soon™
- Touching Galakrond decks, again
- Possible changes to non-Galakrond decks (Pirate Warrior, Deathrattle Rogue, etc)
- Details should be released this coming week
- Galakrond’s Awakening (Solo Content) arrives in 3 weeks
- Will introduce 35 new cards (No details of how new cards will be distributed)
- Discussion: With Masters Tour Arlington on Jan 31 – Feb 2, how will this impact the competitive scene?
- Tavern Brawl: ‘Servant of Yogg-Saran’ Tryouts
- Help Yogg-Saron find a servant! Your deck is full of wannabes who cast a random spell at a random target when played.
[Eternium Rover] x 2
[Shield Slam] x 2
[Town Crier] x 2
[Acidic Swamp Ooze] x 1
[Ritual Chopper] x 2
[Warpath] x 2
[Acolyte of Pain] x 1
[Awaken!] x 2
[Scion of Ruin] x 2
[Shield Block] x 2
[Devoted Maniac] x 2
[Spellbreaker] x 1
[Brawl] x 2
[Leeroy Jenkins] x 1
[Plague of Wrath] x 1
[Shield of Galakrond] x 2
[Zilliax] x 1
[Kronx Dragonhoof] x 1
[Galakrond, the Unbreakable] x 1
If you would like to build this deck in Hearthstone you can copy the following string of code to your clipboard and then open My Collection and select New Deck, you will then be prompted if you wish to create the deck saved to your clipboard, just click yes.
If you have any questions about this deck or questions about Hearthstone in general you can email us at: HeroPowerPodcast@gmail.com or use the Contact Us form on this site and we will answer them on the next show.