This week on Hero Power Avanties and Zerotio discuss the recent patch and the announcement of the Galakrond’s Awakening solo content.
During the play portion of the show Zerotio pilots an Aggro Elemental Shaman from Regis Killbin.
News and Discussion
- Patch 16.0.8 Balance Changes: Live 1/9
- Fiendish Rites: Mana cost increased from (3) to (4)
- Scion of Ruin: Mana cost increased from (3) to (4)
- Ancharrr: Durability reduced from (3) to (2)
- Dragons Pack: Now reads, “…If you’ve invoked twice, give them +2/+2.” (reduced from +3/+3)
- Invocation of Frost: Mana cost increased from (1) to (2)
- Necrium Apothecary: Mana cost increased from (4) to (5)
- Dragonqueen Alexstrasza: Battlecry effect can no longer generate Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
- Battlegrounds and Arena Changes, as well. Link in show notes.
- Galakrond’s Awakening: Release 1/21
- 4 Chapters for Explorer AND E.V.I.L Storylines
- 3 Bosses per Chapter, for each Storyline. 24 Total Bosses
- 35 Unlockable Cards (16 for E.V.I.L and 19 for Explorer)
- Chapter 1 for E.V.I.L free on Week 1, Explorer Chapter 1 available for purchase
- Each boss is completed using Pre-made Decks, Heroic Mode is Player Created Deck.
- 2 Heroic Cards Backs, for E.V.I.L. and Explorer Storylines
- 700 Gold or $6.99 per Wing (Both Storylines). $19.99 for all 4 Chapters. Pre-Order alaso rewards a Golden Classic Pack.
- Changes to Masters in 2020
- 6 Total Masters Tour Stops (2 per Region)
- ESL/Dreamhack to host Masters Tour in 2020
- Grandmasters structure changing for 2020, with 3 Total Players per region being relegated after Season 1
- Tavern Brawl: Just Macaws
- Webspinners are so passe, macaws on the other hand… macaws are the future! Take flight with the deck of 23 Jeweled Macaws and 7 random class spells.
- This Tavern Brawl is….. Wait for it…… for the birds!
[Blazing Battlemage] x 2
[Sludge Slurper] x 2
[Storm’s Wrath] x 2
[Surging Tempest] x 2
[Earthen Might] x 2
[Elementary Reaction] x 2
[Menacing Nimbus] x 2
[Sandstorm Elemental] x 2
[Electra Stormsurge] x 1
[Fire Hawk] x 2
[Lava Burst] x 2
[Living Dragonbreath] x 2
[Unbound Elemental] x 2
[Thunderhead] x 2
[Vessina] x 1
[Cumulo-Maximus] x 2
If you would like to build this deck in Hearthstone you can copy the following string of code to your clipboard and then open My Collection and select New Deck, you will then be prompted if you wish to create the deck saved to your clipboard, just click yes.
If you have any questions about this deck or questions about Hearthstone in general you can email us at: HeroPowerPodcast@gmail.com or use the Contact Us form on this site and we will answer them on the next show.