This week Avanties and Zerotio breakdown all the happenings from BlizzCon 2019 including the new set announcement and what happened at the Grandmaster Global Finals.
During the play portion this week we take a look at some of the Descent of Dragons cards that have already been announced.
News and Discussion
- BlizzCon 2019: Non-Hearthstone
- Discussion: J. Allen Brack started the Con with a public address to the Blizzard Community. How do you feel about this?
- Diablo IV, Overwatch 2 and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands all announced
- New BattleNet Launcher (Beta)
- BlizzCon Set Announcement: Descent of Dragons
- 140 Card Set
- New Keyword – Invoke: Empowers E.V.I.L. Class Hero Card Galakrond and does the Galakrond “Hero Power” for that class
- Galakrond: Different Versions for the 5 E.V.I.L. Classes.
- Can be “Invoked” to upgrade to 3 different Forms
- All 5 Version will be FREE!!!
- Side Quests: Easier to complete quests, that do not start in your hand.
- Can have 2 copies in your deck
- DRAGONS!!!! Lots of new Dragons, and Dragon synergies
- NEW GAME MODE!!! – Battlegrounds: Unique AutoBattler style game
- New Main Screen Button called “Modes”
- Set in Bob’s Tavern and a unique game board
- Play against 7 Players (8 Total)
- Battlegrounds Specific Web Resource
- Goes into Early Access for BlizzCon Attendees/Virtual Ticket Nov 5th
- Goes into LIVE Beta on Nov 12th
- Solo Content roughly 1 Month after Set Launch.
- Story will be “Linear”, similar to early Solo Content/Adventures
- Set Release is Dec 10th
- Grandmasters: Global Finals 2019
- Top 4: VKLiooon Vs Casie and RNGLeaoh Vs Bloodyface
- Finals: Bloodyface Vs VKLiooon
- Grand Champion: VKLiooon
- Discussion: Where do we start? Total thoughts!
- Tavern Brawl: Captain Blackheart’s Treasure
- The Captain left a treasure for EVERYONE, but mostly for you! Each turn, open a chest of three random cards and choose one to put in your hand!
If you have any questions about this deck or questions about Hearthstone in general you can email us at: HeroPowerPodcast@gmail.com or use the Contact Us form on this site and we will answer them on the next show.